Life is too short to worry about each and everything that we do. Sometimes it’s liberating to ditch what people think is the correct way to live… Being unconventional makes you feel free, well atleast it makes me feel free! Being an Indian one might think that I’m totally surrounded by orthodox people, but that’s not the case. Luckily I’ve had parents, specially my father’s family, who believe in one’s freedom and space. My husband V, is my soulmate, he also believes in doing whatever feels right, no matter how bizarre it may be for others. My mom’s not typically orthodox but she does worry about what everyone’s gonna think. The way I see it, this way she gives others the power to decide everything for her. Seeing the difference between her and my father, I very well chose to be like him (genetically also I’m more like my father… thanks to the gene-genies!) Unfortunately, many people let problems and work take over their lives. They forget to live in small moments. Not everyone is lucky or brave enough to do things the way they want to. I strongly believe in doing what I like and I also try to encourage everyone close to me to do so. Here are some things that I do and I think that everyone should do some of these at least once:
- Have an ice-cream when it’s really cold outside.
- Try and have a good laugh at-least once a day.
- Watch your favourite sitcoms or movies or whatever it is that you enjoy.
- Read at-least one book in a month or two (if you don’t already!)
- Try and be good to your maids, servants, watchmen or whoever helps you everyday.
- Listen to a song that you love and sing along ALOUD. You don’t have to be Adelle to sing, just sing for yourself!
- Get a stuffed animal, name it and talk to it whenever you feel like (no harm in living your childhood again!)
- Go to a cafe to have your favourite coffee in your favourite cute pink and white pyjamas! Even if you’re a guy.
- Understand that sometimes it’s okay to sit quietly and do nothing.
- It’s okay to have a bad hair day, after all you’re not Jennifer Aniston.
- When life get’s too rough, just take a day off.
- It’s totally fine to have a breakdown once in a while.
- Someday wake up at 5 am just to have a cup of coffee!
- Treat yourself every once in a while to things that you control/ stop yourself from… like fries or cheese burst pizza!
- Have a internet-free day once every month… no fb, no blog, no mail peeping.
- Get a full body message/spa once a month.
- It’s okay to cry yourself to sleep if you need to or if you feel like it.
- Bathe in the sun every now and then.
Just do whatever you feel like. Remember, it’s YOUR life and you can do things the way you like! What is your idea of being unconventional? Please share them so that even I can learn new ways to be unconventional 🙂
Have a beautiful day!