My Writing Progress
Hi guys, I hope you all are having a great week-start. As promised I’m here to share about my progress with JuNoWriMo. If you are my friend on Facebook or Twitter, then you might already know about what I’ve been upto, but if not then read along.
I participated in JuNo hoping that atleast I’ll get a couple of hundred words written, but amazingly and unbelievably, I’ve outdone my own expectations already (and it’s only been 16 days!) I’ve already written 32,000 words (almost 20 chapters and a few scenes.) The story just seemed to flow as soon as I started writing. I had only 2-3 bad days where I wrote less than 500 words. But other than that, everything’s going great I’m a bit stuck with the end of the book, but I guess I’ll figure it out by the end of this month. There’s still a bit of research left to do but I’m sure I’ll be done with the first draft by the end of this month. I’m planning to write a total of 1,00,000 words so that after the edits and all I’ll still be left with a 400 page novel.
I’m planning to spend the next month making the changes and creating at the second and then the third draft of the book. Then it’ll be ready for the beta readers. After that I’ll be hiring an editor myself to get it edited. After that I’ll try and find an agent to represent me. Then I’ll be sending out the query mails to publishers (big and medium sized) and simultaneously with the agent. I’m hoping to be accepted by a big publisher (Harper Collins or Penguin)-fingers crossed.
So far my JuNoWriMo progress graph looks like this:
I’ll be sharing more about the book once I plan the final ending and tweak the sub-plots. For now I really need to know a few things from you all (if you guys will be kind enough to take some time out for me and answer these questions:
- What do you expect when you hear “psychological thriller?”
- Would you like to be able to get into the head of a psychopath or the victim?
- Would you like the chapters to be long or short?
- Do you like a book with strong emotional connect with the MC (Main Character) when you know something terrible is going to happen to them?
- Will you be sympathetic towards a killer if you knew something really, really terrible happened to him/her? (Here I’m not asking sympathy to let him go freely, but just as a simple emotion.)
- Would you prefer a stand-alone thriller novel or a series? (Mine is stand-alone, but I’m asking simply because I’m curious!)
Thanks a lot for reading this post. Please feel free to answer to any or all of the above questions. I’m looking forward to know everyone’s answers. Also, if you have any advice for me for writing a thriller book, please go ahead and share it. I love talking to you guys 🙂
BTW, this is how my draft is looking (actually I took this pic last week, so presently it’s a bit more thick):
Have a great day!