Word Of the Week (WOW) is a weekly meme created by Heena Rathore P. (me.)
It’s a fun way to improve one’s vocabulary by learning new words every week.
If you want to participate then simply do a post with your WORD and leave the link to your post as a comment on one of my WOW post.
Here’s this week’s WOW:
Part Of Speech:
- Fractiously – adverb
- Fractiousness – noun
- Causing trouble : hard to manage or control or tending to be troublesome : unruly.
- Full of anger and disagreement.
- Irritable and quarrelsome.
Grumpy, grouchy, bad-tempered, ill-tempered, ill-natured, uncontrollable, undisciplined, rebellious.
Contended, affable, dutiful.
Late 17th century: from fraction, probably on the pattern of the pair faction, factious .
Related idioms and phrases:
- Having got out of bed the wrong side
- Badgering someone
- As cross as two sticks
- Like a bear with a sore head
- Out of hand
Use In Sentences:
- There children are quite fractious.
- The National Olympic Committee has to hold its fractious members together.
- She agreed to take part in the dance competition fractiously.
- His fractiousness repels me.
I hope you guys like this word and hope it’s useful to you in some or the other way! If you want to check out more words like this, then visit my page:
Share your thoughts