Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand-and melting like a snowflake.
– Sir Frances Bacon
Last year I made a list of 11 resolutions and I stuck to it till the end (except for the learning German, but I had my reasons.) It made me realise that I perform better if I announce my goals, so here I am with a list of my this year’s resolution. You can read my last year’s resolution list here: 2015 Resolutions.
My 2016 Resolutions:
- Prepare for running marathons and participate in one marathon this year (my first ever.)
- Stick to the vegetarian diet the entire year.
- Getting inked – a small tattoo in the memory of, Tiger (my deceased pet GSD.)
- Get Sinister Town ready for publishing.
- Complete the poetry collection.
- Complete the short-stories started in 2015 (Jessie and Bianca series.)
- Learn swimming and continue it for at least 6 months (three days a week.)
- Rejoin Zumba classes (3 days a week.)
- Get Vishal’s old Ford and start practicing to drive it (I can’t drive a sedan so I can’t risk driving our new baby, Honda City.)
- Take classical singing classes.
- Start creating videos for book reviews.
- Write biweekly for Describli prompts – Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Read 70 books (I read 100 last year but it got really hectic towards the end, my content writing and Deceived and all, so I’m going to keep my goals low this year.)
I’ll try and complete all these resolutions by the end of this year and hopefully, I will, but even if not, trying to fulfill these resolutions will get me closer to my goals. And that is what matters.
So, what are your 2016 resolutions?