I’ve realised that I’m able to post as m much as I used to and as much as I’d like to and as a result, I haven’t been able to keep all my readers updated about my writing and reading and life in general.
So, after a while of thinking, I thought I’d start with this post as means of rounding up everything I do in a month.
- I’ve got a deal for my book, Deceived, from a new (but promising) publishing company. They’ve asked me to make the official announcement in April, so I’m not announcing it “officially” for now. But, yeah, I’ve already bagged a deal and I’ll share the details as soon as I’ll be allowed to.
- Presently I’m doing the first round of rewriting for Deceived with a professional editor. Who knew there’ll be so much work involved after getting a deal from publisher!? Well, as this is my first time, I’m learning a lot.
For all the new writers out there, getting a book published is not as easy as it looks. Completing the Manuscript is just half of the entire process, so go figure…
- Good news: I’ve not only received a great deal for Deceived but also for my next 4 books (so in total for 5 books.) My next book is going to be Sinister Town– the one that I’m working on right now.
- I joined a really awesome group on Facebook- 10 Minute Novelists. If you’re a writer then you really need to join this amazeballs group. The members are super awesome and friendly and extremely inspiring.
This month I wasn’t able to read a lot as I spent 1 week at mom’s and basically took that entire week off writing and reading. The only thing I did in that particular week was playing cards with mom (and of course, gossiping!) Still, I managed to read 6 books this month:
Books I reviewed this month on The Reading Bud:
- The Fulfillment (Fulfillment #3)
- Head In The Box
- Craved (Twisted #2)
- The Secrets Of Lizzie Borden
- The Outlander (The Fulfillment #2)
- September Sky (American Journey #1)
- I watched a couple of movies- Deadpool & Neerja (new releases) and Bloodsport & 102 Dalmatians (on TV.) Also, I finally I watched Game Of Thrones (S1) and again, Ned (Eddard) Stark’s death really depressed me and I spent the entire night crying and cribbing. Vishal even told me not to watch the rest of the series because it’s really affecting me, but what the hell? I’m gonna watch it until the end. 😀
- I made Caramel Custard and Apple Cinnamon Tartlets for Vishal as a Valentine’s Week surprise.
- On 14th Feb (V. Day) we went for the most amazing massages at Four Fountains De-Stressing Spa.
- On 16th Feb I went to one of the best cafes in our city- German Bakery (yep, the one famous for the bomb blast) with Vishal and my cousin, and had the most amazing Spanish Omelette and Masala Chai with Spiced Biscuits and Bun Maska.
I’ve again started walking 5Km and will be starting my jogging routine in a week. Slow and steady wins the race, right!?
Well, that’s all I did… What about you? What all books you read and how many movies you watched this month? How’s your WIP coming along? Please share about your month in the coments below as I’d love to know what you’ve been upto in the month of Feb.
Have a great day!
Share your thoughts