This is the third year I’m doing a ‘Resolutions’ post, so I feel like it’s kind of becoming a ritual now. And I like it as it helps to be more productive.
Every year I complete a few resolutions and forget some, but this year I’ve decided to go through the list of my previous resolutions that weren’t completed and resolve to complete them this year. So 2017 is going to be special as I’ll be doing all the things I’ve been wanting to do from last 2-3 years.
Here’s my list of resolution for this year:
- Complete Sinister Town and hand it over to the editors at Citrus Publishers
- Get the first half-draft ready for Princess Nymeria series and if possible write the first draft for the first book too
- Write 10 new short stories (for Blogbattles)
- Edit the old short stories
- Carry on the short story series I started (all 3 of them)
- Write 1000 words 5 days a week
- Get a short story published in a mag
- Be regular in emailing my writing accountability partner
- Complete 90 books this year
- Read at least 12 classics, 25 NetGalley books and finish off all the books I’ve already bought (the ones sitting on my bookshelf) – RMFAO Challenges
- Read more technical books on writing
- Read at least 1 biography
- Finish all the review backlogs
- Post more reviews (old and new both)
- Blog more often (at least twice a month)
- Make more podcasts
- Work on YouTube channel
- Post more fiction stories and flash fiction pieces
- Start visiting all the blogs and start reading them regularly (like every Sunday or something like that)
- Create 2 new short ebooks for Newsletter subscribers
- Watch at least a dozen psychological thrillers (both old and new)
- Finish Sherlock Holmes, Van Helsing, Under The Dome, Shadow Hunters and other series that I’ve started on NetFlix
- Take guitar classes (this is already started, my teacher is due to come home to teach Vishal and me from next week)
- Work on my social anxiety
- Learn public speaking
- Follow the pescetarian diet for the entire year without slipping (this gets very difficult especially when you’re married to a big time foodie)
- Meditate more and learn to let go
- Take spas and relaxing outstation breaks more often
That’s about it!
I’ll try and read this post again and again throughout the year so that I can get these things done without forgetting about them.
What about you? What are your absolutely must-do resolutions for this year?
I hope that you’ll check all the boxes on your to-do list for this year and that you have an absolutely fantastic year ahead!
Share your thoughts