I had planned for 2 short stories and 1 article on Writing to post in through April and May, but unfortunately, things got in the way (as they usually do) and I completely forgot about the drafts (some half-baked some ready to go up) sitting patiently on my dashboard. I thought I’ll get back to blogging regularly now by scheduling the posts – like I do with my reviews at The Reading Bud, but before that, I wanted to drop by and post updates about what’s been since 8th April, the last time I posted.
- Deceived has been entered for the Hindu Literary Prize 2017. Hindu is one of the top newspapers in India.
- Deceived is being translated into Marathi (a regional language of Maharashtra, the State I live in.)
- The English release of Deceived is set for 24th June and it might be a soft launch by the looks of it because we want to do a big launch cum release with at least 2 languages so most probably, that’ll be sometime in July as the translated Marathi version will be ready by then.
- Deceived has crossed 66 ratings on Goodreads.
- Deceived is now listed on Amazon.in (Amazon.com and other Amazons will still take another week or so.)
- Book reviewers are loving Deceived and I’ve already made a few fans.
- Sinister Town is going slow and steady and should be ready by the end of this year.
- I have 3 Novel Critiques lined up for the coming days and I’m already booked until the 20th of July.
- I have 1 editing lined up for the month of July so the rest of the July is also packed.
- I’m working on 2 other projects for Citrus Publishers, mostly marketing and HR related.
- I suffered a reading slump in late March, hence wasn’t able to read much for the last two months. These are the only books I read since April: Under The Dome by Stephen King, Hannah’s Moon by John A. Heldt, Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow, Gerald’s Game by Stephen King, A Fatal Twist by Tracy Weber, The Shadow Over Innsmouth by H.P. Lovecraft, Something Needs Bleeding by Thomas Singer and Christopher Long, Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg, The Bronx Kill by Philip Cioffari and The Turn Of The Screw by Henry James
- I have to read another 6 books by Grand Central Publishing, 2 by MM Publicity and 3 by EG Publicity for review. Other than these I have about 8 NetGalley books that I want to read ASAP and another 10 that I’ve bought. So I’ll be busy finishing these books in the coming weeks and months.
- We had an awesome holiday in mid-April in Goa. Lots of sunbathing and booze.
- We’re shifting to a bigger house – a row-bungalow on 1st June. And now I can finally get my pets.
- We’re planning a trip to Thailand in August.
- Right after the vacation, we’ll start our hunt for the perfect kitten and GSD pup!
- I developed a bad rash on my arms and later found out that I am allergic to UV rays. The rash was due to extreme sunbathing in Goa last month. So I’m just trying to stay away from the direct sunlight as much as possible. 😦
Right now I’m busy with the shifting, readying the house for the Packers and Movers, so I’ll be seeing you guys next week. Stay tuned to my Twitter as I’ll be sharing the new bungalow’s pics there.
Do let me know how you spent your month. I’d be more than happy to know what you’ve been up to!