Crazy Cat Writers’ Flash Fiction is a Monthly Flash Fiction Challenge, where we share 2 topics every month for writers to write stories upto 1500 words. We pick one winner on each topic and publish the winners for each topic on the Crazy Cat Writer blog on the 15th and the 30th of each month.
Rules of participation:
- You have to be a part of Crazy Cat Writers Writing Group in order to be able to participate.
- The story can be on or revolve around the topic provided (it is okay even if you mention the topic in the story more than 5 times too without actually making it the focus.)
- The story has to be a creative fiction or non-fiction piece (NO ARTICLES)
- The story has to be under 1500 words.
- You can submit one story per topic only.
- Anyone can win multiple times if their stories are good.
- Please try to keep your stories PG 13. If they are not, then don’t forget to add warning of 18+ in advance.
- If your story has triggers or is about hard subject matters, then don’t forget to include a trigger warning.
Mother’s Day Poem
On a cold wintry morning,
I wake up see her right beside me sound asleep,
I tuck myself into her blanket and wish her Happy Mothers day Mom.
I don’t think these 18years would have been possible without you in it
It’s you who has given me strength whenever I’d lost faith in myself,
It’s you who has always been the first one to congratulate me for all my achievements.
It’s you with whom I feel safe and protected.
I still remember the time when you were sick but you’d still cook for the family,
I still remember the time when you would cook extra chapatis for school so that I can share it with my friends,
I still remember the day when it was the first day of school and I was crying and weeping but you had to let me go as I’d need to stand strong and tough.
Often I say things which I don’t mean,
At times I even annoy you and yell at you, But no matter what happens no one can replace you.
I just want to thank you,
For your wisdom, your encouragement and showering your love all these years. Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there!
About The Writer
I am an 18 year old highschool student residing in Jaipur, Rajasthan. I am an Avid reader and a big time foodie. Growing up I have almost wanted to explore every possible field I could wheater it was dancing or playing sports but writing is something that has always stuck with me.
It was during the quarantine, I started taking writing seriously as a hobby to fritter my time away but as the months passed by I have really begun to enjoy it and keen on learning further in this field.
I believe that writing allows to break all barriers, cross all the boundaries, travel the whole world yet stay at the same place. To me writng is an escape from the reality and chaos that surround us.
I aim to study literature and journalism in future and write children’s books in future one day.