WOW – Word Of The Week is a weekly feature that I came up with in the year 2015 in order to learn new words and their meaning in the English language and improve my vocabulary.
If you wish to participate and post about WOW then, by all means, feel free to do so. A link-back to this blog post would be most appreciated and also it would help me in knowing that you’ve posted your work.
WOW #46 – Word Of The Week
Part Of Speech:
ah-pauh-thee-uh | /ˈapəθi/
- lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
- a lack of emotional interest
Early 17th century: from French apathie, via Latin from Greek apatheia, from apathēs ‘without feeling’, from a-‘without’ + pathos ‘suffering’.
Use In Sentences:
- This time around, election fever appears extremely subdued — partly because of the pandemic but also from an underlying apathy. –NYT
- After his father’s demise he sank into apathy.
- Her apathy lead to her divorce.
- His apathy was the cause of his mental rehabilitation.
I hope you guys like this word and hope it’s useful to you in some or the other way! If you want to check out more words like this, then visit my page: