Beta Reading provides an in-depth insight into your novel from the perspective of a reader. It will identify the areas in your novel that need improvement. It will be returned to you in the form of a digital* Beta Report in PDF format. In this report, I’ll including the elements listed below.
Before you proceed make sure you know everything about beta reading: What are Beta Readers And Why Do you need them?
Beta Reading Elements:
- Reader’s opinion and plight – As a reader how I find the book.
- Writer’s opinion – As a writer how I find your book.
- Questions that come to me while reading segments of the manuscript.
- Constructive feedback on the narration style and perspectives used.
- Analysis of all the general elements – Plot, characterization, pacing, exposition, world-building, dialogue, conflicts, etc.
- Detailed segment analysis (I’ll be dividing the manuscript into 4 or 6 segments and provide detailed feedback particularly for each and every segment.)
- Positives and negatives that leap out at me while reading each chapter.
- Story progression and predictability.
Additionally, I always keep an eye out for:
- Plot holes
- POV/narration slips
- Unnatural or wrong scene and chapter breaks
- Over/under descriptions
- Loose ends
I will also provide a detailed report on the possible weakness and strengths in your writing in order to help you improve in specific areas.
*If you need a physical beta report, you’ll have to pay for the shipping.
Question: I’ve finished writing my manuscript, can I send it for beta reading?
Answer: Yes, but only if you’ve worked on your manuscript for at least 4-5 drafts and have thoroughly revised as well as edited it, to the best of your capability. If you send a half-baked manuscript, then it’ll only end up wasting your money and time.
Question: How can I request a quote for my manuscript’s beta reading?
Answer: Send me an email with the details of your manuscript – Name, Genre, Total Word Count and Synopsis, along with the first 3 chapters of your manuscript (please include the prologue if your manuscript has one.) I will revert within 48 hrs with the quote and slot availability.
Question: What are slots?
Answer: In a month, I beta read only 2 novels at most. Every month I designate 2 slots as per the availability of dates. You can pick a slot of your choice from the available ones.
Ready to book an appointment? Just drop me an email with your manuscript details at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you with a quote and timeline within 48 hrs.